Tuesday, March 19, 2013

ASU Conference


MGE@MSA conference
Hello everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed their spring break! I know I was able to relax and clean a lot of mess I had been avoiding since the semester started! Anyway before spring break I had to chance to present my project at the MGE@MSA conference, and for being my first time attending something like this I felt pretty proud of myself! I had my poster ready and I felt ready to present it, even though I was super nervous and anxious about it. Especially when I got there and saw how great everyone’s posters were. I was impressed by the variety of research topics and the amount of students out there that have the same interests as me. It was also amazing how all of these students where from all over the world and they were excited about being here in Arizona a place that to me is no big deal.

  It was a long day but I have to admit I felt important.  I thought it was pretty neat how they provided breakfast and lunch for us and at the end of the day when we got our certificates; felt accomplished.  I know lots of my peers have been mentioning the amount of judges that passed around asking questions some had a few and others had only one but to be honest I cannot tell who my judge was! I was on the lookout for my judge but I was just not able to figure it out I know I had more than 2 people come and ask me questions some of them even gave me a few suggestions either way I was very professional and answered their questions to the best of my abilities. Like I mentioned before for being the first time I feel like I did a decent job. I enjoyed this event and I was glad to be fortunate in participating in it, and I was able to learn so many things from different people.

The speakers were all great in proving to us why going to graduate school is so important. Giving us their own life experiences as examples to how they have gained so much from this was interesting to listen to. I got to hear how graduate school opens up doors to great career opportunities that in the end result in the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment